Saturday 6 September 2008

Seinfeld + Gates = Oh Dear

To "help promote" Windows Vista Microsoft have decided to enlist the help of Jerry Seinfeld, you know, the guy who used to be famous in the 1990s. Had a neighbour called George. Did some stand up comedy. The cartoon about Bees? Yes, THAT Sienfeld.

Anyhow, the latest Windows Vista advert is here and. . .

Oh dear.

Even in these days where I'm used to playing "guess the product" when watching adverts this takes the biscuit. Or the "moist slice of cake" perhaps.

Have a look and see what you think:



So, erm, right. Does that make you want to go out and install Vista? Didn't think so somehow.

One day, we'll look back on this Advert and laugh. But not today, at least, not until I've finished cringing. I certainly wouldn't want to be in Bill's size ten Conquistadors after that (although I certainly wouldn't mind his bank balance for a little while).

Apparently this may be the first in a series of adverts (please God no!), all featuring those new comedic superstars Seinfeld and Gates (have mercy!). Who knows, they might actually get round to mentioning Windows, Microsoft, or whatever the hell they are trying to sell to us?

On a more positive note apparently Shoe Circus is now completely sold out of Conquistadors. Who says advertising doesn't work?

2 comments:

web-betty said...

I thought this was one of the most ridiculous commercials I've EVER seen. Maybe because I am a Mac user. Or maybe because the commercial just sucked. :)

confusedboxes said...

I never quite understood those ads, although i do quite like the fact I didnt get them :-)