Tuesday 26 August 2008

For Sale - One Sun, Slightly Soiled

Latest on the rumour-mill is the possibility of Sun Micro being up for sale, with Microsoft being the potential buyer.

I've got to hope that this isn't true. OK, so the Sun of today is nothing like they were ten years ago - in fact I'd say they are pretty much a shell of their former selves and have been trading solely on their reputation for quite a while - but it would still be a crying shame if they were assimilated by the Microsoft Borg.

I've got to admit that I quite like the combination of Solaris on Sun hardware. There is something so damn solid and heavy duty about it which other companies (and I'm including Apple here) have never been able to match.

I've got to hope that this just turns out to be the gossip of bored journos out to get some more readers.

No comments: